Edge Data Center
About Edge Data Center
As the name suggests, Edge Data Center can be found on the edge of the network. The edge data centers are smaller facilities and they are located near the facility they serve. The work of the edge data center is to provide cached content and cloud computing to the end users. The edge data centers usually are connected to big data centers or to multiple data centers.
The edge data center processes the data and services close to the end user, this allows the organization to minimize the latency and thus improve their customer experience.
Why are Edge Data Centers required?
For data center managers latency has been a forever problem, and in recent years this has become a major problem because of big data and other trends like the Internet of Things, cloud, and online services. The users can demand access to any application, or service, anywhere and anytime and latency is not acceptable in today’s time.
And to counter these kinds of problems the organization came up with setting up an edge data center for high-performance and for cost-effective service to their customer.
Types of Edge Data Centers
As we mentioned above edge data centers are located near end-users as compared to the public cloud. The edge data center allows a broad range of next-generation applications and offers customer benefits like reduced latency, high security, and control over their data.
There is a lot of debate around the term edge data center, edge computing can be in different locations and edge data centers can be of different types.
We are mentioning some of the various kinds of edge data centers:
1. On-Premise- On-premise data centers have become part of organizations for quite a long time. The major purpose of an On-premise edge data center is to provide organizations with complete control over the data center. can run a private cloud that offers some of the scalability of the public cloud but is much more secure. Organizations can also benefit from a more adaptable infrastructure that adapts to the needs of their applications.
The On-premise data centers are different, here we are talking about data centers at customer sites. The edge data center can take many shapes and forms. The edge data center can deploy one or two servers, as a rack on an already existing on-site data center. They are designed to be as close as possible to end users so that latency can be reduced.
2. Network Tower Edge- The network tower edges are used by telecom operators and they are located at the last mile nearest possible location to the end-users. The network tower can be in thousands located over a region and over the cities where demand for edge centers is higher. Towers are perfect for edge data centers because bearing the cost of data centers in cities is quite high.
3. Regional- Regional data centers are the biggest edge data centers, these types of edge data centers host hundreds of different types of customers. So their location will be near a city that serves a large chunk of the population, like cloud providers, big organizations, and application developers, they can rent out the cabinet holding racks, or they can rent whole cages filled with cabinets or the whole data center.
Future of Edge Data Center in India
If we look at the bigger picture Edge data centers are going to be a thing of the future, as organizations and cloud service providers are going to invest heavily in edge data centers in upcoming years. So that they can speed up their applications, and online streaming services and enable their new technology such as AR/VR.
Cases where Edge Data Center will come handful:
- Content Delivery- Video streaming is getting more and more popular nowadays, and content delivery networks should be able to handle 4k videos. Using an edge data center will make sure fast and high-quality video to the users.
- Gaming- Video game users and eSports are growing rapidly and those users require lower latency for playing their games.
- The infrastructure of 5g and 4g- The telecom industry is now making a huge investment in 5g, and their 4g demand has increased significantly. The edge data center make sure that the experience for 4g and 5g application is good.
- Autonomous Vehicles- As the world is moving forward, the self-driving car has become a thing and they require a massive amount of computing power with Edge data center they can generate data up to 5 TB.
Building an Edge Data Center for your Business
Building an Edge data center for your business requires lots of planning and preparation, in order to make sure that it delivers necessary goals. Now if your business wants to build an edge data center, there are a few things that need to be kept in mind.
The checklist before planning an edge data center is mentioned below.
- Location– Location means a geographic area where an organization tends to build edge data centers. The first step for an organization is to pin down a place that satisfies all requirements for a data center.
- Power– Planning for power is one of the main aspects of a data center, for today and for the future, an edge data center should always have the power to keep it up and running and must have back-up in case of power loss.
- Heating and Cooling– For successful working of an edge data center, heating, venting, and air conditioning (HVAC) are important aspects. Almost 50% of the energy used by the data center is consumed by the HVAC, thus it makes the operation as efficient as possible.
- Design– Planning of infrastructure for a Datacenter is one crucial aspect because if there is a flaw in the design of the data center then it won’t work to its full potential and thus can it can affect the flow of data.
- Physical Layer Infrastructure– To get the maximum output from cloud computing in that case software-defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV), the physical layer of the edge data center should need to be examined.
How Profile IT Solutions help your business to build own Data Center?
Setting up a Edge Data Center is not an easy task, and despite all the money, companies still require a team of experts that helps them in setting up the center.
We at Profile IT help you set up your own edge data center now there are various stages of setting up a edge data center and that is how we do it:
- Design and Deployment- When we design a data center it is not just efficient energy it is also efficient in space so that you have the luxury to increase your data center.
- Cooling Solutions- As mentioned above hardware produce heat inside the facility and it is important to keep them under a certain temperature to remove the excess heat and downtime.
- UPS Solution- One thing about servers is they require a flow of electricity all the time and downtime of servers can cost a company a lot, not just in money terms but it can really affect their data and name. We provide UPS solutions to keep the servers up and running.
- Racks and PDU- The place in which servers are kept is known as Racks, we at Profile IT provide server sizing along with smart rack and networking.
- Raised Flooring- A raised floor helps in extra space for storing and cooling.
- DCIM- DCIM stands for Data Center Infrastructure Management, and our goal is to provide the data center’s administration with an integrated view of the performance of the data center so that types of equipment, power, and space can be used efficiently.
- Containerized DC and DR- Business changes quite rapidly and sometimes they have to change their location as well, with our containerized DC and DR the business won’t have to worry about their data. These containerized DC and DR are energy efficient and they also reduce infrastructure costs.
- Server Room- What makes a data center a data center the answer is Servers. The data center provided by us is on-site with complete surveillance security.
- Data Center Park- There are some small businesses that do not have a place even for a micro data center, but still they can store their data on our Central Data hub center with maximum security and control.
- Electrical and Power Solutions- Server downtime can prove expensive to businesses. so, in order to keep the servers up and running, we provide electrical and power solutions.
Edge Data Center Ecosystem
What is the Global Edge Data Center Market Growth?
During the forecast period, the edge data center industry is expected to exhibit substantial growth, expanding from a valuation of USD 10.4 billion in 2023 to reach USD 29.6 billion by 2028, with a remarkable Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 23.2%. This robust growth is propelled by several key factors, such as the rising demand for smart city initiatives and the emergence of edge data centers as a service, which are poised to generate numerous opportunities for vendors operating in the edge data center market.
What are Drivers of edge data center demand?
- The largest demand for edge data centers is driven by e-commerce players and OTT adoption among customers. OTT market is projected to grow at a CAGR of around 16.58% from FY 2023 to FY 2027, reaching a value of INR 581.21 billion (over US$7 billion).
- 5G deployment also plats an important role in growing need of edge data center ,5G deployment refers to the rollout and implementation of the fifth generation of wireless technology, 5G. 5G is a transformative advancement in mobile communication that promises significantly faster data speeds, lower latency, increased network capacity, and the ability to support many connected devices. It represents a significant leap from the previous 4G/LTE technology to revolutionize various industries and applications.
- Growth in Adoption of IoT
- Rise in Establishing Network of Edge Data Centers
- Surge in Demand for Robotic Surgeries
Growth in Demand for Autonomous Vehicles
- Upsurge in Adoption of Smartphones
- What is the edge in data centers?
Edge in data centers means edge data center is small data centers that are located close to the edge of a network. It look as micro or other data center it has same devices found in traditional data centers, but are enclosed in a smaller footprint, closer to end users and devices.
- What Businesses can opt edge data center?
Edge data center is best for small and medium scale business. You can contact us for free price estimate.
- What is so special about Edge data?
Edge data center is close to your business location so it gives the highest uptime with cutting edge speed.
- Is Edge Data Center budget friendly?
Yes it is budget friendly, get your free price estimation.
- Is it better to rent a data center or install a edge data center for your own?
Installing a data center on your own is the best choice for any organization as no one can take care of your precious data more than you. Just install a data center with all standard data center guidelines and you are good to go.
Concerned about the DC's efficiency? We choose high-efficiency power systems and cooling solutions.
DC is created with redundancy in mind. This ensures that if the DC fails, it does not reduce the critical load.
The standardisation of hardware and software has an impact on how effective the DC is. This requires much planning.
Well connected systems
We link the Data center to DCIM software, which is accessible and controlled from anywhere and on any device.
Benefits of Our Edge Data Center Solutions
Through strict guidelines and a monitoring process, our DC design eliminates uncertainty in power levels.
Optimal Resource Utilization
We design and build the DC to make the best use of resources such as space, money, and manpower.
Continuous innovations are made to improve the operation of the DC and, as a result, the business's productivity.
Secured Data Storage
CCTV, access control, and biometrics solutions are used for 24-hour surveillance. Complete storage unit security.
// Drop us a line! We are here to answer your questions 24/7
NEED A CONSULTATION?
// why choose us for
Edge Data Center
Years of Experience
Profile IT Solutions has been empowering businesses for guaranteed results, excellence, and trust.
Profile IT Solutions is committed to bring you a unique perspective in achieving your business and technology goals.
// Still Not Convinced?
Find Out What Our Clients SaysAbout Our Services
Profile IT is the best SI in north India, They successfully delivered our prestigious projects in the last 4 years, and they are also well versed in different IT technologies.
I am highly impressed by the security and surveillance service by them. Such dedicated services are critical in a business with a large amount of critical data.
Finally, we've found profile IT!! They excel at data centre design, DC infrastructure consulting for power management and cooling solutions, racks and power distribution units, and so on.
Minosha IndiaIT Head
The best thing about Profile IT is that they have a 24/7 support system. Anytime you need any kind of assistance their expert is readily available for help.
Ready to get started? It’s easy.
Let’s have a talk
We’d love to hear what you are looking for. Drop us a note here and we’ll get back to you soon.